Saturday, November 3, 2007

“The Family: A Proclamation to the World”

My religion has ultimately been the deciding factor as to why I am against the right to gay marriage. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; most people may recognize us as the Mormons. In our church we believe in latter-day prophets and revelation. We believe that we have a prophet on the earth today that receives revelation from God for our church. In 1995, the prophet of our church, Gordon B. Hinckely, issued “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.” Among many other things, it proclaims that marriage is strictly between a man and a woman and that it is ordained of God. Because of my sincere faith that the prophets that lead and guide our church are inspired by God, I have a deep and unwavering belief that marriage is between only one man and one woman and that same-sex marriage cannot be condoned.

2 comments:

HotShot said...

As I continue to expose myself to different blogs I have noticed that religion is a huge factor in many of these binary issues issues. Religion could be seen as the ultimate dividing force or even a cause of why these are problems in the first place.

Robert said...

If LDS told you to jump off a cliff because prophesy commands it, would you do so?

There is no empirical proof that the bible, book of mormon, or any theology is true.